You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Retül Fit Process
A proper bike fit is probably one of the main factors for performance and efficiency, prevention of injury and ergonomic comfort on your bike. Now the prevention of pain is all empowering whether it be knee, hip or lower back. We,re here to help deliver the experience that will help you, the RIDER deliver that performance you're looking to aspire to whilst avoiding injury or discomfort.
Every bike fitter is unique in his or her experience and specialities. Service offerings and the length of a fit appointment depend on the individual fitter and Simon Macnamara is no exception. Recognised as one of the leading bike Fitter's in the country and armed with RETUL technology Simon has access to the most accurate and comprehensive bike data to help your journey to a great fit. This allows you, the rider to experience more comfort and better performance on your bike or perhaps in purchasing a new bike.
Every fitter using Retül technology has the most accurate and comprehensive bike fit data to help make better fit decisions. A great fit will allow the rider to experience more comfort and better performance on his or her bike, or buy a new bike with full confidence in selecting the right model and size.
Müve: The Bike Before the Bike
The Muve tool enables your Fit Specialist to replicate any bike position and to make immediate adjustments. Once your position is established, the details can be transferred to your bike.
Vantage is a three-dimensional motion-tracking tool that creates a dynamic modelof your position and measures any changes down to the millimetre. This allows your Fit Specialist to make data-driven decisions, while also allowing you to see these changes in real time.
A bike fit using Retül technology typically includes the following steps
- The fitter conducts an initial physical assessment of the rider, and at this point can address the rider's concerns about performance, pain, or any other issues the rider hopes to alleviate during the bike fit.
- LED markers are strategically placed on eight anatomical points of the rider: the wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, heel, and toe.
- As the rider pedals, Retül's sensor bar gathers real-time, three-dimensional data of the rider's pedal strokes and movements.
- Retül's rotating platform allows the fitter to collect data for both sides of the rider without the rider leaving the bike.
- The rider's data is compiled into a reader-friendly report for analysis by the fitter. The fitter can then assess the rider's position and make necessary adjustments.
- The Zin, Retül's handheld digitizer, allows the fitter to digitally measure the rider's bike at 13-15 points, depending on the bike. The Zin can measure fixed points, contours, and curves, and provides a complete digital map of the bike.
- The fit information is saved and stored on the fitter's computer.
- The data includes the rider's personal profile, measurements from the fit, bike measurements, and the rider's final fit position.
- The fitter will be able to access and print these records for comparison and tracking of historical fit data for the client.